Healthy Thursday Recipe
Piri Piri slow roast salmon with avocado & cucumber salad
Fresh yet just a little bit spicy. Crunchy yet smooth. Is there anything that this super-healthy, super tasty salad isn’t? You’ll need to make it to find out.
- Mowi Piri Piri slow roasted salmon – 2 fillets flaked
- Avocado – diced or sliced
- Cucumber halved, de-seeded and sliced into half moons ½ cucumber
- Coriander springs small bunch
- Rocket, spinach &watercress salad 60g
- Chickpeas – drained and dried well and dab with a piece of paper kitchen towel 1 can (400g)
- Chipotle paste 1 tsp
- Olive oil 1 bsp
- Salt (pinch)
- Maple syrup 1 tbsp
- Lime juice & zest 1 lime
- Ground cumin pinch
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp
- Honey (or a pinch of sugar) 1 tsp
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven fan 180°C
- In a bowl, coat the chickpeas with the chipotle paste and spread out on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 35 – 40 minutes. When the chickpeas are crisp, leave to cool and store in an airtight container until needed.
- Place half the roasted chickpeas in a food bag. With the back of a pan crush the chickpeas
- In a bowl place the avocado, cucumber, coriander, salad leaves and season.
- Add the dressing and mix the salad together. Divide between plates or transfer to one large serving plate.
- Top the salad with the flaked Piri Piri salmon and scatter over the roasted chickpeas
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk together
- Pour over the dressing to the quantity you desire.