Healthy Wednesday Recipe
Smoked salmon with spinach, asparagus & poached egg
A breakfast classic that we think is great at any time of the day… quick to prep and usually very quickly polished off!
- 1 pack MOWI Rich smoked salmon
- 2 Free range eggs (as fresh as possible)
- 1 pack (4 -6 spears depending on thickness) Fine asparagus
- 1 pack (100g) Baby spinach
- 1 pack Hollandaise sauce (optional)
- 20g Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp White wine vinegar (optional)
- Sourdough bread (optional)
- Start poaching your eggs: Bring a large (tall) sauce pan of water to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.( If you like, add a splash of vinegar to the water – it adds a slight acidity to the eggs)
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a high heat, add the asparagus the turn the heat down to medium. Season the asparagus with salt & pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus, turning occasionally until nicely coloured. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Back to poaching: Crack an egg into a cup or small container and gently add to the simmering water – repeat with the second egg. Cook for 2 – 4 minutes depending on how soft you like your eggs. When ready remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain the eggs on a sheet of kitchen paper.
- While the eggs are cooking heat the butter in the frying pan and add the spinach. Season lightly and sauté the spinach for a minute or two until wilted.
- Divide the spinach onto two plates, place the asparagus on top of the spinach and top with a poached egg.
- Take 2 slices of smoked salmon and place next to the egg and serve.
For a little extra indulgence
Why not buy, or better still make your own, hollandaise sauce – a dollop goes perfectly with smoked salmon and eggs?