- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Fan 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Put the onion wedges in a bowl and toss in 1tbsp each sweet chilli sauce and oil. Spread out over a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the paprika, tomato puree, peppers and remaining chilli sauce in a blender and blitz until smooth. Put 2tbsp to one side, then put the remainder in a small serving bowl and cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Mix the remaining oil into the reserved tomato and pepper sauce and set aside.
- Wash and pat dry the salmon with kitchen paper and season. Arrange on the tray with the onion and brush the top of each portion with the tomato and pepper sauce. Bake for about 20 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- To serve, drain the salmon and onions and arrange on a serving board platter with the cheese and cherry tomatoes in the shape of a Union Jack. Serve warm with the chilled tomato and pepper sauce. Sprinkle with rocket. Accompany with crusty bread.
TIP: pretty much anything goes with this style of platter, try adding olives, other pickles like gherkins, capers and small onions, diced fresh pepper, antipasto artichokes, baby salad leaves, etc.
You can make the salmon and onion the day before to serve as a cold platter. Simply bake, cool and chill the salmon and onions until ready to serve.