- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container
- Place all the ingredients into a sauce pan. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until the sauce becomes a syrupy consistency.
- Cool down and store in fridge for up to 1 week. Alternatively freeze for 1 month
- Rub the salmon fillets with the BBQ rub then cover and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Next make the slaw. Place the carrot, fennel, red cabbage and onion in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper and 1½ tbsp of vinegar and mix together. Add the mayonnaise (the mayonnaise should just coat the vegetables).
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and place the salmon fillets (skin side down) onto baking tray. Place 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce over each salmon portion. Cook at 150°C fan for 30 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- When the salmon is ready remove from the oven and leave to cool for a minutes or too. Gently lift the salmon from the skin and place in a bowl (discarding the salmon skin). With two forks shred the salmon .Taste the salmon and if required, adjust the seasoning and add a touch more BBQ sauce
- Divide the salmon between the rolls and top with slaw.
- Serve with sweet potato fries, corn on the cob and any leftover slaw