- Place the potatoes into a pan, season with salt and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and leave to cool slightly or until they are warm to touch, then slice or half the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking make the dressing. Place the crème fraiche, mustard, vinegar and dill in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper and mix. Cover the dressing and place in the fridge until needed.
- Blanch your chosen vegetables e.g. green beans, broccoli, asparagus etc. for a couple of minutes in boiling salted water and then refresh in cold water and drain well. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables. Keep them firm and crisp.
- Flake the salmon into a large bowl. Add the lettuce leaves, vegetables and potatoes. We have used pea shoots, broad beans, samphire, green beans & flat parsley, but feel free to use whatever you have.
- Remove the dressing from the fridge and pour over the salad. Gently mix the dressing though the salad, mixing all the ingredients together.
- Divide onto 2 plates or serve in a large bowl
For an alternative, replace the slow roast salmon fillets with smoked salmon slices. Just slice the smoked salmon into 10mm ribbons and mix through the salad