- Pre-heat oven (180°C fan / 200°C / gas 6)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil
- To make the pesto place the basil, kale, pinenuts, olive oil and juice of a lemon into a food processor and blend to a paste, add the parmesan and crème fraiche and pulse in to the mix. Remove the pesto, placing into a bowl. Season to taste.
- Place the salmon and cherry tomatoes onto a non stick baking tray. Season with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the centre of the oven and cook for 22 minutes or until the salmon is cooked.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook following pack cooking instructions
- When the pasta is cooked, remove from heat and reserve a ladle’s worth of pasta water before draining well.
- Add the creamy pesto to the pasta and mix through. Add a little pasta water if the pasta looks a little dry.
- Divide the pesto pasta onto 4 pasta bowls and serve with salmon and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle each bowl with a little olive oil before serving
For a slightly more traditional style pesto, remove the crème fraiche and replace with another 30g olive oil.