Smoked salmon, baked avocado and spiced egg
Under 30 mins
- Preheat the oven (180°c fan / 200°c / gas 6)
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop a little extra of the flesh out, so you can fit more egg into it
- Cut a slice of smoked salmon in half and place half a slice of smoked salmon into each cavity of avocado
- Break the first egg into a bowl. Using a spoon, place the yolk into the avocado, then carefully add the egg white (you may not manage to add all the white). Then repeat with the other eggs.
- Top with grated cheese and a pinch of cayenne pepper or dried chilli flakes
- Scrunch up a sheet of foil and place it on a baking tray. Gently nestle the avocado halves in the foil so they do not roll about.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, or until the egg whites are opaque and the yolk is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with sour cream, a few snippets of chives and lime wedge
For a little alternative – add a splash of tabasco for extra spice