Picked Onions Method
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
Crispy Croissants Method
- Place the croissants onto a flat surface and with a rolling pin roll out until flat
- Place the butter into a non-stick frying pan and melt.
- On a medium heat add the croissants to the frying pan. Drizzle with a tbsp of honey and a pinch of sea salt
- Flip the croissants over and place a sheet of greaseproof paper on top on the croissants
- With the base of a sauce pan (or lid) press on top of the greaseproof paper to squash the croissants. Do this for about a minute and then flip the croissants back over and repeat the process.
- Turn the heat off and remove the croissants from the pan.
- Leave the croissants to cool for a minute before dividing the burrata between the two croissants
- Sprinkle the rocket over the burrata then top each croissant with 2 slices of smoked salmon
- Drain the pickling liquid from the red onions then scatter the onions over the smoked salmon and serve