Method for the North Indian style butter sauce
- Heat up the sunflower oil in a sauce pan and add the chilli. Fry for few seconds.
- Turn down the heat and add the ginger and ground spices and cook for a further few seconds
- Stir in the tomatoes (this will stop the spices from burning). Add the honey and season with salt. Place a lid on the pan and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the cream and garam masala and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the butter gradually, whisking through sauce (alternatively remove the sauce from the heat and with a hand blender gradually add the butter until the sauce is smooth).
- Finish by stirring through the chopped coriander and taste and adjust this seasoning.
The sauce can be made the day before and chilled until needed.
Method for dish
- Marinade the salmon and chill for an hour (see below recipe for marinade).
- While the salmon is marinading make the sauce (see below recipe for sauce).
- Place the salmon on greaseproof lined baking tray and cook in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes (200°c fan)
- Serve with steamed rice and spinach
Note: Curries are often best made the day before, it gives the spices time to develop and balance.