- First make the pickles – place the vegetables in a bowl, add 1 tbsp of vinegar and a good pinch of salt and sugar and mix. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Next make the smoked salmon gravadlax. Open the pack of smoked salmon and if using brush with a little gin or vodka. Sprinkle a little finely grated lemon zest over the salmon and long with a pinch of chopped dill and black pepper. Cover the salmon and place in the fridge until required.
- To make the mustard & dill mayo – place the mayonnaise, mustard, ½ tsp sugar and 1 tsp chopped dill into a bowl and mix well.
- Brush 2 slices of rye bread with olive oil and grill one side of the rye bread. Remove from the grill and leave for one minute to cool slightly before spreading over the mustard & dill mayonnaise.
- Drain the vegetables and discard any liquid. Divide the vegetables between the 2 sandwiches
- Place 2 slices of smoked salmon on each sandwich and garnish with pea shoots